< Back

21st January 2019, 19:52

​Extensive smoke damage to restaurant & flat following chip pan fire at Catalan Bay - Fire & Rescue Service extinguish within minutes

The Fire & Rescue Service extinguished a chip pan fire in Catalan Bay on Sunday.

The owner was able to run up to save his dog before the smoke caused significant damage to the restaurant and to the flat above.

Heat also caused the false ceiling above the kitchen to collapse. Once there the Fire & Rescue Service says it took eight or nine minutes to find the source of the fire & put it out. GBC understands nobody was seriously injured.