8th October 2019, 13:56
A Gibraltar-wide power cut on Tuesday was caused by damage to a main interconnector cable in the Midtown area.
In a statement, the Government said a GJBS worker drilled into an electric cable during excavation works. It states that this cable was originally laid by the Ministry of Defence without the civilian authorities being alerted, and that as a result, it was not shown on any official plans. Number Six added that fortunately, no-one suffered any injury.
The incident took place at around 1.30pm; by 4pm, the Electricity Authority told GBC, all power had been restored. GJBS and the Electricity Authority have apologised for the inconvenience.