< Back

17th June 2020, 17:19

Protest banner removed on planning permission grounds

A protest banner saying that Gibraltar belongs to the Gibraltarians and not to to the Government was removed Wednesday morning on the grounds that it did not have planning permission, or the Government's consent as landlord of the area where it was attached.

The banner was hung from the bridge over Winston Churchill Avenue, and no individual or group has come forward as of yet to claim responsibility for it. Asked by GBC whether anyone had been in contact, the Government said it was unaware of and disinterested in those behind the sign.

In a tweet, the Chief Minister said he fully agreed with its message, but added that a spell check was required, referring to the mistakes made in the sign.