< Back

14th July 2021, 18:00

Public Health Minister reacts to rising Covid figures

The number of Covid cases confirmed on the Rock has surpassed one hundred.

There are currently 115 active cases after 23 were reported on Wednesday.

One person is being treated in the Covid ward at St Bernard's Hospital, with three positive cases currently in the ERS.

Despite this, no further restrictions are yet being imposed by government which says we are looking at a very different scenario from last year because of the wide vaccination programme.

Minister for Public Health, John Cortes says the Government is cautious and constantly monitoring.